Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Reading response 6
Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging
I recently finished reading a book called Angus, Thong, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison. It is about a girl named Georgia Nicolson who tells all of her teenage confessions. She goes through normal teenage problems like boys, friendship, and insecurities, but reading this book helped me to deal with my teenage problems better today. For example, in the story Georgia is always insecure about her big nose and kissing boys. She faces this by not caring what people thought about her and gained confidence in herself. By doing that, she ended up getting the cutest boyfriend in her school. I used what she did because I'm insecure about my acne and I just don't worry about it and was confident; that didn't get me cutest boy in school but it got me more friends I wasn't so quiet anymore. Another example is that with Georgia's friends in 9th grade; they talked being her back and were very mean to her. She didn't notice that they made fun of her nose, and told her secrets around the school. But once she found out, she realized that there were better friends out there who actually cared for her. The same thing happened to me because I read this book and applied it to my friendships. I talked to my friends about the way the girls acted in the book and we all applied it to the way we treat each other. Just as Georgia did, I gained confidence in myself and make better and wiser choices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment